Subject: bug#47853: guix system reconfigure build of `/gnu/store/inppfcz5yk5a20cwhv1dwqn8zq6jcdxl-grub.cfg.drv' failed

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 19:39:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:

> On my system building grub fails because grub-image.png fails.

[…]

> Backtrace:
>           2 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/larqpc2wjhnc6jmj4885k8lynd1?")
> In gnu/build/svg.scm:
>     53:6  1 (svg->png _ "/gnu/store/0f2bpqpgflza414sk0hwms3rdizg1x?" ?)
> In unknown file:
>           0 (rsvg-handle-render-cairo #<rsvg-handle 7ffff0b56280> #)
>
> ERROR: In procedure rsvg-handle-render-cairo:
> Wrong type (expecting finalized smob): #<cairo-context 7ffff0b561c0>

Oh dear. I ran into a similar problem (at least that resulted in the same 
Guile error message in #47115) to do with grafts and a store that was not 
using the hard links for de-duplication. Essentially the de-duplication 
masked an issue with differing files being included in the closure.

Can you provide more information about your system? I'm particularly 
interested in whether you're using store de-duplication, but other 
specifics about your system might be interesting. Do you know when you 
last successfully reconfigured?

Best,
Jack