Subject: [bug#47852] [PATCH] gnu: Add sc-im

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 00:57:56 -0400

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 04:46:10PM +0000, jgart via Guix-patches via wrote:
> Yes, I think it would be better if we did this in a new issue. 
> 
> Ryan Prior suggested tui-apps as a new module name.
> 
> I like that!
> 
> sc-im, visidata, newsboat, and calcurse fit that bill. There's probably others that can go in there.

I think we should avoid moving packages around unless there is a
compelling reason to do it.

There are a few reasons not to move packages. It makes the Git history
harder to use (`git log` and `git blame`), it can make Git merges of
long-running branches trickier, and it can break 3rd party channels. And
sometimes it's annoyingly hard work to properly move or duplicate the
copyright attributions to the new file.

In general, the location of the packages is not something that users see
or care about, but it does matter for developers. To me, the conceptual
satisfaction of a nicely defined category does not justify the headaches
that can result from moving packages around.