Subject: Re: [bug#47852] [PATCH] gnu: Add sc-im

From: Ekaitz Zarraga <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 21:48:36 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, April 19, 2021 6:46 PM, jgart <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ElenQ Technology
Ethical InnovationYes, I think it would be better if we did this in a new issue.
>
> Ryan Prior suggested tui-apps as a new module name.
>
> I like that!
>
> sc-im, visidata, newsboat, and calcurse fit that bill. There's probably others that can go in there.

The main issue here in my opinion is what are we judging as a better
description of a program: the interface or what the program actually
does.

`newsboat`, `vim` and `sc-im` don't have anything in common from a
functionality perspective. But `sc-im` does have things in common
with `libreoffice calc`, `gnumeric` or others.

So...

What do we want to be the main point of the programs: their UI or
their goal?