Subject: TeX-view-program settings for Xreader

From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 15:35:59 -0300

Hi All,

This is a simple one.  `tex.el' includes settings for the "Xreader" to 
be used in Linux systems as defined in `TeX-view-program-list-builtin'. 
After loading, the entry for "Xreader" in that variable will be: 
`("Xreader" TeX-reader-sync-view "xreader")'.  However, the function 
`TeX-reader-sync-view' is actually not defined, but rather 
`TeX-xreader-sync-view' is (with an "x").  Therefore, using "Xreader" 
for `output-pdf' in `TeX-view-program-selection' will throw us error 
"Wrong type argument: listp, TeX-reader-sync-view".

As far as I can tell, the problem does not lie in the definition of 
`TeX-view-program-list-builtin', because 
`TeX-view-program-select-evince' relies on `TeX-evince-dbus-p' which 
will query the DBUS path/scheme/method which is indeed "org.x.reader" 
(at least in my machine, I suppose that's default, but I really don't 
know).  Thus, it seems `TeX-xreader-sync-view' is incorrectly named, and 
should drop the "x".  It's docstring also seems to not have been 
adjusted as required after it was "inherited" from 
`TeX-evince-sync-view'.

Best regards,
Gustavo.

PS: Please keep me CC'd.