Subject: Re: bug#47807: TeX-view-program settings for Xreader

From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 15:25:38 -0300

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 at 13:41, Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Tassilo,

> Fixed on git master.

Thanks for the quick fix!

> Please give it a whirl.

I did (local definition on top of 13.0.6).  I had also been running, 
since yesterday with:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(unless (fboundp 'TeX-reader-sync-view)
  (defalias 'TeX-reader-sync-view 'TeX-xreader-sync-view))
#+end_src

Which is equivalent for all practical purposes.  And, as far as I can 
tell, things are working as expected.  Hence, it LGTM.

>> It's docstring also seems to not have been adjusted as required after
>> it was "inherited" from `TeX-evince-sync-view'.
>
> Indeed, also fixed.

The tiniest nitpick.  I usually see the name of the program as 
"Xreader", with a lowercase "r".  But I'm not sure it is even worth the 
amend.  I certainly won't pester you further about it. 

Best,
Gustavo.