Subject: bug#47807: closed (Re: bug#47807: TeX-view-program settings for Xreader)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 16:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47807: TeX-view-program settings for Xreader

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47807: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47807
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47807: TeX-view-program settings for Xreader
From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
To: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 18:41:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Gustavo,

> This is a simple one.  `tex.el' includes settings for the "Xreader" to
> be used in Linux systems as defined in
> `TeX-view-program-list-builtin'. After loading, the entry for
> "Xreader" in that variable will be: `("Xreader" TeX-reader-sync-view
> "xreader")'.  However, the function `TeX-reader-sync-view' is actually
> not defined, but rather `TeX-xreader-sync-view' is (with an "x").
> Therefore, using "Xreader" for `output-pdf' in
> `TeX-view-program-selection' will throw us error "Wrong type argument:
> listp, TeX-reader-sync-view".
>
> As far as I can tell, the problem does not lie in the definition of
> `TeX-view-program-list-builtin', because
> `TeX-view-program-select-evince' relies on `TeX-evince-dbus-p' which
> will query the DBUS path/scheme/method which is indeed "org.x.reader"
> (at least in my machine, I suppose that's default, but I really don't
> know).  Thus, it seems `TeX-xreader-sync-view' is incorrectly named,
> and should drop the "x".

I approve your analysis.  Fixed on git master.  Please give it a whirl.

> It's docstring also seems to not have been adjusted as required after
> it was "inherited" from `TeX-evince-sync-view'.

Indeed, also fixed.

Bye,
Tassilo

Subject: TeX-view-program settings for Xreader
From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 15:35:59 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi All,

This is a simple one.  `tex.el' includes settings for the "Xreader" to 
be used in Linux systems as defined in `TeX-view-program-list-builtin'. 
After loading, the entry for "Xreader" in that variable will be: 
`("Xreader" TeX-reader-sync-view "xreader")'.  However, the function 
`TeX-reader-sync-view' is actually not defined, but rather 
`TeX-xreader-sync-view' is (with an "x").  Therefore, using "Xreader" 
for `output-pdf' in `TeX-view-program-selection' will throw us error 
"Wrong type argument: listp, TeX-reader-sync-view".

As far as I can tell, the problem does not lie in the definition of 
`TeX-view-program-list-builtin', because 
`TeX-view-program-select-evince' relies on `TeX-evince-dbus-p' which 
will query the DBUS path/scheme/method which is indeed "org.x.reader" 
(at least in my machine, I suppose that's default, but I really don't 
know).  Thus, it seems `TeX-xreader-sync-view' is incorrectly named, and 
should drop the "x".  It's docstring also seems to not have been 
adjusted as required after it was "inherited" from 
`TeX-evince-sync-view'.

Best regards,
Gustavo.

PS: Please keep me CC'd.