Subject: [bug#47804] [PATCH] lint: Warn about underscores in package names.

From: Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 20:15:01 +0200

On Thu, Apr 15 2021, Maxime Devos wrote:

>> There was some discussion about this on guix-devel[1], but no
>> consensus was reached.  Should we whitelist certain names like
>> “86_64” or something?
>
> I dunno.  Perhaps for now, we can accept that the 'check-name' linter
> is sometimes overly strict, and punt the exceptions for later?

Ok, that sounds like a good idea.

> I didn't test this, but that seems about right.  Ideally, you should
> add a corresponding test in tests/lint.scm (IIRC, maybe the linter
> tests are elsewhere).

Will do.

> However, Guix is currently in the "string freeze", so this cannot yet
> be merged, IIUC.

I thought the “string freeze” was for the manual, or did I miss
something?

Thanks for the review!