Subject: bug#47800: [native-comp] could not resolve realpath of "emacs"

From: Dario Gjorgjevski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 16:09:26 +0200

Hi,

I install and symlink Emacs via Stow; i.e., Emacs is installed in
$HOME/.local/stow/emacs and then stowed into $HOME/.local.  Therefore,

  $HOME/.local/bin/emacs -> ../stow/emacs/bin/emacs
  $HOME/.local/libexec/emacs/28.0.50 -> ../../stow/emacs/libexec/emacs/28.0.50

and so on.  Since commit 0c1fc9d, running "emacs" in the terminal gives
me an error:

  could not resolve realpath of "emacs": No such file or directory

Also,

  $ which emacs
  $HOME/.local/bin/emacs

However, running "$HOME/.local/bin/emacs" works just fine, as does
"$HOME/.local/stow/emacs/bin/emacs".  "emacsclient" also runs fine.

There are no problems prior to commit 0c1fc9d.

Best regards,
Dario

-- 
$ keyserver=hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
$ keyid=744A4F0B4F1C9371
$ gpg --keyserver $keyserver --search-keys $keyid