Subject: Re: [bug#47789] [PATCH 4/6] gnu: Add java-jline-terminal.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 10:13:03 +0200

On Thu, 2021-04-15 at 00:26 -0400, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> +         (add-after 'unpack 'patch-paths
> +           (lambda _
> +             (substitute* "terminal/src/main/java/org/jline/utils/OSUtils.java"
> +               (("= \"(s?tty|infocmp)\"" _ cmd)
> +                (string-append "= \"" (which cmd) "\"")))

(which cmd) is most likely incorrect when cross-compiling,
as when cross-compiling, only the inputs in "native-inputs" contribute
towards PATH, and "inputs" does not contribute towards PATH (IIUC).

You will need something like
(lambda* (#:key inputs #:allow-other-keys)
  ...
  ... (string-append "= \"" (assoc-ref "ncurses" inputs) "/bin/ncurses")
  ... (string-append "= \"" (assoc-ref "ncurses" inputs) "/bin/stty")
  ... (string-append "= \"" (assoc-ref "ncurses" inputs) "/bin/tty")
  ...)

(TODO to self: define a variant which/target which looks at the build inputs
instead of native-inputs when cross-compiling.) 

Greetings,
Maxime.