Subject: Re: bug#47784: 27.2: ses-header-row [PATCH INCLUDED]

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 12:40:34 -0400

On 2021-05-05 15:08, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> I've got two tiny comments about the patch.  First of all, the
> whitespace seemed odd:
> ...
> So I fixed that up, but I've seen that in other patches -- could you
> have a look and see what's causing this mixture of tab and spaces?

I could use a suggestion to automate that workflow: I never use tabs,
but often find myself editing files that have them. As soon as it gets
annoying, I remember to perform untabify on the buffer, but there's
probably an accepted automated method to respect the tab/space
preferences of everyone.

> The other comment is that it would be nice to have ChangeLog-style
> commit messages -- use `C-x 4 a' to format one before sending patches.
> Less work when applying the patch.  :-)

I use `C-x 4 a' a lot, but for Changelog files. How can it be used for
commit messages? Are you suggesting a temporary fake Changelog file? I
see the output now in the online gnu cgit repository, so that's do-able
manually. Are you saying that there's an automated way using function
`add-change-log-entry-other-window'?

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0