Subject: bug#47781: 28.0.50; (window-list-1 nil t) returns nil when minibuffer is inactive

From: marmot-te <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 00:11:34 +0000

Hi,

I read from the docstring of the function
> MINIBUF t means consider the minibuffer window even if the 
> minibuffer is not active

However, 
with emacs -Q
and the minibuffer inactive

(window-list-1 nil t)
;; => nil

I think this is related to this build since I cannot reproduce 
with emacs 26.1 (in this case it returns the list of windows, 
minibuffer included, as expected).

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-02-09 built on debian-10-gccemacs
Repository revision: 1f626e9662d8120acd5a937f847123cc2b8c6e31
Repository branch: native-comp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/native_comp/28.0.5:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-mailutils --with-sound=yes --without-gconf 
 --without-gsettings
 --with-x=yes --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-xwidgets --with-json --with-nativecomp 'CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall 
 ''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON 
LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP 
NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF X11 XDBE XIM XPM 
XWIDGETS
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  eros-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  engine-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  ws-butler-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/lispy-20210121.926/elpa hides 
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/ivy-20210311.1638/elpa

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail two-column sh-script smie
executable flyspell ispell org-element avl-tree ol-eww ol-rmail 
ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar 
ezimage
dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap 
nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message 
rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex 
ol-bbdb
ol-w3m ob-lisp ob-shell org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table 
ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu 
calendar
cal-loaddefs olivetti gnutls network-stream url-http mail-parse 
rfc2231
url-gw nsm rmc url-cache url-auth cl-print debug crux tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat 
shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp elisp-demos mule-util 
jka-compr
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align 
cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs helpful imenu trace info-look elisp-refs windmove
elec-pair cursor-sensor form-feed eros gcmh recentf tree-widget 
flycheck
f dash s 18_pdf 17_mail gnus-win 16_elfeed 15_www eww url-queue 
shr
kinsoku svg xml dom puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums time-date mail-utils 
mm-util
mail-prsvr engine-mode format-spec 14_qubes epa-file epa derived 
epg
epg-config 13_checkers 12_dired dired-async async dired-aux 
11_shells
10_registers-and-bookmarks 09_languages cl-indent 08_editor 
ws-butler
so-long undo-tree diff lispy ivy-avy counsel xdg dired 
dired-loaddefs
compile text-property-search comint ansi-color swiper ivy-rich ivy
ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color lispy-inline thingatpt avy 
noutline
outline etags fileloop generator xref project edebug backtrace 
help-fns
radix-tree lispy-tags mode-local find-func 07_buffers-and-windows 
pcase
winner ibuf-macs 06_completion 05_theme-customizations 
tao-yin-theme
tao-theme paren 04_helpers hydra ring lv which-key advice 
03_bindings
edmacro kmacro 02_defaults comp comp-cstr warnings rx cap-words
superword subword autorevert filenotify saveplace delsel savehist
no-littering cl-extra help-mode cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load 
wid-edit
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight 
use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core 
finder-inf
info package easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy 
url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq 
byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib chemacs iso-transl
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks 
lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset 
image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode 
elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow 
isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham 
georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech 
european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env 
code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 719060 139046)
 (symbols 48 44214 40)
 (strings 32 196396 14373)
 (string-bytes 1 7066646)
 (vectors 16 69368)
 (vector-slots 8 1910643 69822)
 (floats 8 502 513)
 (intervals 56 3871 4659)
 (buffers 984 25))

-- 
<:3nn~~
   <:3nn~~
      <:3nn~~