Subject: [bug#47768] [PATCH v2 11/43] gnu: ocaml-migrate-parsetree: Update to 2.1.0.

From: pukkamustard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 20:04:12 +0000

Hi,

Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, May 10 2021, pukkamustard wrote:
>
>> * gnu/packages/ocaml.scm (ocaml-migrate-parsetree): Update to 
>> 2.1.0.
>>   (ocaml-migrate-parsetree-1): New variable.
>
> What’s the reason for keeping the old version of
> ‘ocaml-migrate-parsetree’?

There are two reasons:

1. ocaml4.07-* packages seem to require ocaml-migrate-parsetree 
version 1.*.
2. There are some ocaml-* packages that require the old version of 
ocaml-migrate-parsetree (e.g. ocaml-bisect-ppx or ocaml-mdx).

There are a couple of other ocaml packages with two versions. The 
older version is just named ocaml4.07-NAME (e.g. ocaml-sexplib is 
version 0.14.0 and ocaml4.07-sexplib is version 0.11.0). For 
ocaml-migrate-parsetree this does not work as some ocaml-* 
packages require the old version - thus ocaml-migrate-parsetree-1.

> Also, this commit could probably be squashed with 10/43.

Done.