Subject: bug#47766: 28.0.50; choose-completion fails

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 09:55:02 +0000

Hello, Lars.

On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 10:33:12 +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Madhu <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Yes. I haven't seen any problems (though I can't claim to have tested
> > all the corner cases)

> OK.  Alan, are you pushing the change, then?

I'll commit the change, yes, soon, hopefully today.

> This bit looks odd, though:

> --- a/lisp/window.el
> +++ b/lisp/window.el
> @@ -4119,7 +4119,7 @@ window-deletable-p
>  		  (let ((minibuf (active-minibuffer-window)))
>  		    (and minibuf (eq frame (window-frame minibuf))
>                           (not (eq (default-toplevel-value
> -                                    minibuffer-follows-selected-frame)
> +                                    'minibuffer-follows-selected-frame)
>                                    t)))))

Yes, I was hoping nobody would notice that.  ;-)  The quote is
absolutely required for correct functioning.  Missing the quote didn't
throw an error when m-f-s-frame was t or nil (but the whole point of
default-toplevel-value was lost), but did when it was 'hybrid.  With the
commit, the glitch will be fixed forever.

> -- 
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).