Subject: Re: bug#47714: Cutting the internet in guix installation will stop the installation permanently (irreversible)

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 14:03:38 +0100

bo0od <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi There,
>
> Try install guix with manual installation while its on the end step
> (downloading things which mentioned in config.csm) cut the internet
> off, It will not reback you to the terminal so that you can
> repeat/relaunch the installation/downloading from where it stopped but
> rather will give you stuck/freeze screen.
>
> ThX!

I would like to close this bug.

Does the same issue affect installing software with Guix on an already
installed system?  If it only affects the installer, there might be a
valid issue with Guix’ cow-store service.

Otherwise, I guess this is not a Guix bug.  Stuck/freeze during manual
installation sounds like a kernel bug or like not properly mounting the
file systems.  Some unrelated Ethernet issues (with getting curlftpfs to
start automatically) disappear for my machine when installing non-free
Realtek firmware, which is not a solution, but this is likely not a Guix
bug but an issue with the linux-libre kernel.

Will close in two weeks.

Regards,
Florian