Subject: bug#47699: [PATCH] Improve completion-list-mode-map

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 06:39:21 +0200

Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks.  Here is the updated patch.  I tested it with minibuffer-only
> frames, and it seems to work.
>
> Are you sure that it's okay to rebind M-c in
> minibuffer-local-completion-map?  It's a good mnemonic for
> "completion", but it hides the capitalize-word binding, that users
> might possibly want to use there (I don't, it's only when thinking
> about this patch that I realized this).
>
> Another option would be M-g, which would not hide anything that is
> possibly useful in the minibuffer, and is still a mnemonic of "goto".

Thanks; applied to Emacs 28.

I went with `M-g' -- it seems pretty natural here.  If anybody else
wants a different key binding, go ahead and change it.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no