Subject: bug#47699: [PATCH] Improve completion-list-mode-map

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 11:14:02 +0300

> Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 07:58:04 +0000
> From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
> cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Why just 'n' and 'p'?  If we want more commands to move between 
> > completions, I could think about several others: <, >, C-f, C-b, C-n, 
> > C-p, Home, End, the arrow keys, etc.
> 
> It's not "just 'n' and 'p'"

The question was why add only those 2.

> Well, vanilla Emacs defines M-v = switch-to-completions, which opens 
> *Completions* and makes it the current buffer.  In a selection-like 
> scenario, it makes sense to switch to the completions buffer where you can 
> freely move around, use isearch, and so forth.

I wonder how many people use this paradigm

(And how does one switch back without closing the window that shows
completions?)