Subject: bug#47692: Menu bar inactive

From: Xact <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 18:50:36 +0200

From: Philbo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 27.2; menu bar
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:11:16 +0200
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi there!
Sadly the menu bar does not work at all. Not a single dropdown. I've tried
the M-x scroll-bar toggle and no luck. This wasn't a
problem with v26, but with v27.1 it didn't work. Doesn't work with v27.2
either.

I'm using an old macbook pro 2011, and osx el capitan v10.11.6.

Hopefully an easy fix for v27.3!

cheers,
Phil
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0, NS appkit-1404.47
Version 10.11.6 (Build 15G22010))
of 2021-03-27 built on builder10-11.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.11.6

Recent messages:
Polling "/var/folders/8_/8d3lgzlj00sc7fqm0h616q640000gn/T/slime.37138" ..
45 (Abort with ‘M-x slime-abort-connection’.)
Polling "/var/folders/8_/8d3lgzlj00sc7fqm0h616q640000gn/T/slime.37138" ..
46 (Abort with ‘M-x slime-abort-connection’.)
Polling "/var/folders/8_/8d3lgzlj00sc7fqm0h616q640000gn/T/slime.37138" ..
47 (Abort with ‘M-x slime-abort-connection’.)
Polling "/var/folders/8_/8d3lgzlj00sc7fqm0h616q640000gn/T/slime.37138" ..
48 (Abort with ‘M-x slime-abort-connection’.)
Polling "/var/folders/8_/8d3lgzlj00sc7fqm0h616q640000gn/T/slime.37138" ..
49 (Abort with ‘M-x slime-abort-connection’.)
Polling "/var/folders/8_/8d3lgzlj00sc7fqm0h616q640000gn/T/slime.37138" ..
50 (Abort with ‘M-x slime-abort-connection’.)
Polling "/var/folders/8_/8d3lgzlj00sc7fqm0h616q640000gn/T/slime.37138" ..
51 (Abort with ‘M-x slime-abort-connection’.)
Polling "/var/folders/8_/8d3lgzlj00sc7fqm0h616q640000gn/T/slime.37138" ..
52 (Abort with ‘M-x slime-abort-connection’.)
Connecting to Swank on port 56080..
Connected. Philbo, this could be the start of a beautiful program.

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules
CFLAGS=-DNSTextAlignmentRight=NSRightTextAlignment'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Special

Minor modes in effect:
  global-log4slime-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/customizations/misc hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/misc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rainbow-delimiters
network-stream nsm rmc time-date flycheck find-func rx dash flymake-proc
flymake gnutls puny log4slime warnings cl-extra help-mode paredit
slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch
slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime etags fileloop generator xref project
arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline easy-mmode pp hyperspec saveplace
hl-line paren tomorrow-night-bright-theme color-theme-tomorrow linum
projectile grep compile comint ansi-color ring ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt smex ido recentf tree-widget wid-edit
exec-path-from-shell auto-complete-config auto-complete popup frame-cmds
advice frame-fns avoid cl finder-inf edmacro kmacro desktop frameset
ede/auto eieio-base git-commit-mode-autoloads queue-autoloads
slime-autoloads info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 342693 11533)
(symbols 48 24843 2)
(strings 32 110249 2529)
(string-bytes 1 2978821)
(vectors 16 36553)
(vector-slots 8 467141 12150)
(floats 8 92 146)
(intervals 56 390 0)
(buffers 1000 16))