Subject: Re: bug#47692: Menu bar inactive

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 12:23:28 +0100

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 06:50:36PM +0200, Xact wrote:
> Hi there!
> Sadly the menu bar does not work at all. Not a single dropdown. I've tried
> the M-x scroll-bar toggle and no luck. This wasn't a
> problem with v26, but with v27.1 it didn't work. Doesn't work with v27.2
> either.
> 
> I'm using an old macbook pro 2011, and osx el capitan v10.11.6.
> 
> Hopefully an easy fix for v27.3!

Hi, this has been fixed in Emacs 28, but because it was a very large
change it won't be back-ported to Emacs 27.

I think it's possible to get the menus sort-of working in Emacs 27 by
changing some accessibility options in macOS, but I don't know what
exactly is required.

-- 
Alan Third