Subject: RE: [External] : bug#47677: [PATCH] condition-case success continuation

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 18:21:45 +0000

> > Hold your horses!  That is not the way to look at a adding complexity
> > to a basic Lisp construct.
> >
> > Every additional feature added to a fundamental construct increases
> > the complexity of the Lisp language.  That always has various kinds
> > of cost whether it is used or not.  Since this added feature would
> > rarely be of use, it would have cost and no benefit.
> 
> FTR: I agree with you.

+1.

> However, sadly this seems to be a minority
> opinion in the current Emacs development: features are added to Emacs
> Lisp left, right and center without any serious consideration of the
> of the costs and benefits balance.  The pressure to add features to
> Emacs Lisp is enormous.  It sometimes seems to me that some people
> regard developing and extending Emacs Lisp to be the most important
> aspects of the Emacs development.

Sad, yes.  FWIW, I'm in awe of the energy and patience you
devote to Emacs development, and I hope you don't burn out.