Subject: Re: bug#47671: Small tweaks & fixes for Emacs/GNU ELPA websites

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 20:15:47 -0500

Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]> writes:

> Everything looks good. Thanks, but...

Excellent, thanks for your continued attention to detail.

>> Second, "A Guided Tour of Emacs" website. According to the
>> LAYOUT.CSS (https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/layout.css):
>>
>> pre { font-family: monospace; (...) font-size: 1.2em; }
>>
>> This is used in the "Download" section, actually. It's missing "Fira
>> Mono", and I don't think font-size is needed there at all.
>
> I'm not sure what happened to the "font-size: 1.2em". I mean, I'm not
> sure whether you skipped it or missed. I know, I forgot to add it to
> the diff...

Sorry, I missed it.  I thought you meant that it was merely redundant,
when you were in fact suggesting a visual improvement.

Fixed now; it looks much better.

> Inside "pre" you could also reduce "padding" from 10px to 5px.

I think it looks better with the slightly larger padding here, as I feel
it allows the text room to breathe.

There is of course room for subjective opinion here.  FWIW, I took a
look at the GitHub documentation for reference (they presumably have
actual designers doing their stuff) and they use a much larger 16px for
their pre-tags.

> Other than that, I just wonder why "Fira Sans" is not capitalized,
> while "Fira Mono" is?

I noticed that, but didn't bother as the result was the same here.
But we might as well capitalize it, so I did that now.

Thanks again for these suggestions!