Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Add updater for packages hosted as SourceHut Git repositories

From: Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 11:02:52 +0200

This adds support for updating packages hosted as SourceHut Git
repositories.  It looks at the Git tags on the remote (thank you Léo for
pointing this out[1]) to determine the latest release.  It won't be as
reliable as the GitHub updater, but still better than nothing, I
guess.

SourceHut also has support for Mercurial, but I am not familiar with it,
maybe I will look into it in the future. :)

See it in action:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix refresh fennel
gnu/packages/lua.scm:1176:13: fennel would be upgraded from 0.8.1 to 0.9.0

[1]: https://yhetil.org/guix-bugs/[email-masked]

Xinglu Chen (2):
  upstream: Add predicate for Git URLs.
  gnu-maintenance: Add 'sourcehut-git' updater.

 doc/guix.texi            |  3 ++
 guix/gnu-maintenance.scm | 90 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 guix/upstream.scm        | 20 +++++++++
 3 files changed, 113 insertions(+)

base-commit: 29a6c361492b18bcb0f6d2517d010a1b48441521
-- 
2.31.1