Subject: bug#47667: closed (Re: rust-rav1e-0.4 fails to build)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 05:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47667: rust-rav1e-0.4 fails to build

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47667: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47667
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: rust-rav1e-0.4 fails to build
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 01:48:01 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I got it building with 29a6c361492b18bcb0f6d2517d010a1b48441521, adding
some inputs that the rav1e package also has.

Maybe we should merge these packages?

Subject: rust-rav1e-0.4 fails to build
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>, Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 01:27:53 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While looking into upgrading the rav1e package, I noticed a new
rust-rav1e-0.4.0 package. However, it fails to build, like this:

------
starting phase `package'
   Packaging rav1e v0.4.0 (/tmp/guix-build-rust-rav1e-0.4.0.drv-0/rav1e-0.4.0)
error: failed to prepare local package for uploading

Caused by:
  no matching package named `assert_cmd` found
location searched: registry `https://github.com/rust-lang/crates.io-index`
required by package `rav1e v0.4.0 (/tmp/guix-build-rust-rav1e-0.4.0.drv-0/rav1e-0.4.0)`
command "cargo" "package" "--no-metadata" "--no-verify" failed with status 101
builder for `/gnu/store/71dd3d1q50iwmqjab9528csp44k2nrh4-rust-rav1e-0.4.0.drv' failed with exit code 1
------

I checked the CI history:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=rust-rav1e

The last successful build:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/81950/details

The first failing build:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/85107/details

By clicking the Evaluation number, you can learn the range of Git
commits that is different between these two builds. I took a look with
commands like this:

$ git log 77f1bd9dea3def1992603cbf24c4b0003fa3e0f0^..e598556ee524a62544e777b1f0dd80316ef41754 guix/build-system/cargo.scm

Maybe the build failure is fallout from 4d00185d6 (build-system/cargo:
Propagate crates across builds.)?