Subject: [PATCH 00/33] Improve Emacs UX.

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 19:46:17 +0200

This patch set supersedes the wip-emacs branch.  It can be deleted,
once it's merged.

Hi Guix,

as you all recall, I recently put in some efforts into improving the
Emacs user experience in Guix.  There are three bugs addressed by this
patch set:

1. Emacs libraries may inadvertently overwrite files in other libraries
   (solved by using ELPA-style subdirectories)
2. Emacs cannot find its own load-path after an update.  (Solved with a
   wrapper).
3. Emacs can't find core programs, such as "ls" or "gzip".

Below are some git statistics, have fun with them while I'm waiting for
a bug number to send the patches :)

Regards,
Leo

Leo Prikler (27):
  profiles: Add hook for Emacs subdirs.
  gnu: emacs: Wrap EMACSLOADPATH.
  gnu: emacs: Patch more program file names.
  build-system: emacs: Use subdirectories again.
  gnu: emacs-libgit: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-guix: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-telega: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: Add emacs-telega-contrib.
  gnu: emacs-emacsql: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-howm: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-ert-runner: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-shroud: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-sly-stepper: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-sly-stepper: Remove generated sources.
  gnu: emacs-org-contrib: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-edbi: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-scel: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-vterm: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: notmuch: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-pyim: Update to 3.6.
  gnu: emacs-realgud: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: geiser-gauche: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-dvc: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-w3m: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-wget: Port to emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-haskell-mode: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-julia-snail: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.

Morgan Smith (5):
  gnu: emacs-geiser: Update to 0.13.
  gnu: Add emacs-geiser-guile.
  gnu: emacs-guix: Update to 0.5.2-4.8ce6d21.
  gnu: emacs-flycheck-guile: Add missing input.
  gnu: guile-studio: Add missing input.

Xinglu Chen (1):
  gnu: emacs-pdf-tools: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   2 +
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm                    | 369 ++++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/emacs.scm                        |  52 ++-
 gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm                    |   1 +
 gnu/packages/mail.scm                         |   3 +-
 ...ser-autoload-activate-implementation.patch |  26 ++
 .../emacs-geiser-guile-auto-activate.patch    |  34 ++
 guix/build/emacs-build-system.scm             |  70 ++--
 guix/profiles.scm                             |  41 ++
 guix/status.scm                               |   2 +
 10 files changed, 391 insertions(+), 209 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/emacs-geiser-autoload-activate-implementation.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/emacs-geiser-guile-auto-activate.patch

--
2.31.1