Subject: [bug#47661] [PATCH 00/33] Improve Emacs UX.

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 23:22:09 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 05.05.2021, 02:32 +0530 schrieb Arun Isaac:
> Hi Leo,
> 
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> > The location in which Emacs looks for packages.  Emacs Lisp code,
> > that
> > is installed there directly will be found when that directory is
> > added
> > to EMACSLOADPATH.  To avoid clashes between packages (particularly
> > considering auxiliary files), we install them one directory level
> > below, however.  This indirection is handled by ‘expand-load-path’
> > during build and a profile hook otherwise.
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> 
> Are there still packages that directly install into
> /share/emacs/site-lisp as mentioned in sentence 2? Apart from that
> one
> sentence, this looks good to me.
I haven't done an exhaustive check, so there might be some odd
packages, that don't fit into sentence 3.  The profile hook counts as
"Emacs lisp code installed there directly" imo as well.

Regards,
Leo