Subject: Re: [bug#47661] [PATCH 00/33] Improve Emacs UX.

From: Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 14:16:26 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 08 2021, Leo Prikler wrote:

> Hi Guix,
>
> as you all recall, I recently put in some efforts into improving the
> Emacs user experience in Guix.  There are three bugs addressed by this
> patch set:
>
> 1. Emacs libraries may inadvertently overwrite files in other libraries
>    (solved by using ELPA-style subdirectories)
> 2. Emacs cannot find its own load-path after an update.  (Solved with a
>    wrapper).
> 3. Emacs can't find core programs, such as "ls" or "gzip".

I just wanted to let you know that I have been using these patches with
Emacs for a few days, and things have been working fine so far :)  I
haven’t tested all the updated packages, though.

Out of curiosity, what are the differences between v2 and v1 of the
series?  It would be nice to include a cover letter for v2 to give an
overview of the changes since v1.

Thanks for working on this!