Subject: bug#47660: Add link to the ticket when someone reply

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 19:51:27 +0200

On Thu, 2021-04-15 at 17:00 +0000, bo0od wrote:
> To be honest i find this bad thing to use emails to do anything rather 
> than online registration and not necessary stuff (means being 
> encrypted,manipulated.. just not something important)

To be honest, I find it a bad thing that many projects (I'm looking at
GitHub here (*)) only have a web interface, that require registration
(and often have terms of service I would consider criminal).  Then there
are multiple web sites requiring registration that I need to keep track
of.

(*) Ok, GitHub has e-mail notifications.  But I can't directly reply to them,
    I need to go to the web interface.  At least, that was the case N years ago.

I like being able to perform all asynchronuous communication via e-mail,
instead of via a dozen platforms.  With e-mail, you get signing ‘for free’,
while with $PLATFORMS, you need to rely on each $PLATFORM infrastructure
or resort to ...

(my intepretation of your words, out of context, with encryption replaced with
 signing)
> extra tools, where you have to copy the message into the tool, let the
> tool verify the signature.  Or write a message into the tool, let the
> tool create the signature, and copy the message+signature into the web
> interface.

> Email sucks due to:
> * Messages are not encrypted by default which mean it need an extra tool 
> to do it and commonly used is GPG/PGP + it needs tool to implement this 
> encryption on the messages which mean mail reader/client most commonly 
> one used is thunderbird/icedove <- This method having tremendous 
> security issues check for example: [...]

Not relevant for our purposes.  Issues are public.  Only PGP for signing is
relevant here.  Also, PGP + Evolution works just fine for me, and evolution
doesn't download external attachements by default.

> * Most of the time (not always) heavily rely on clearnet which mean 
> issues of TLS/DNS which needs to be hardened otherwise they are exist by 
> names but does nothing.

I couldn't parse this.  What does ‘they are exist by names but does nothing’
mean?

> ..This is out of scope to discuss this in details, I just want to see 
> the bug URL linked to the bottom of the email i receive thats it.

Guix' bug tracking software is ‘GNU Bug Tracker’.  You could ask it on
that project's mailing lists.  Now I see you did that already:
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-debbugs/2021-04/msg00000.html>.

I don't have anything else to say on this topic; I'm not sending further replies.

Greetings,
Maxime.