Subject: [bug#47643] [PATCH 20/22] gnu: gst-plugins-bad: Add missing inputs to enable more features.

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 10:28:56 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 08.04.2021, 19:20 -0400 schrieb Leo Famulari:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 04:42:35PM -0400, Raghav Gururajan via Guix-
> patches via wrote:
> > * gnu/packages/gstreamer.scm (gst-plugins-bad)[inputs]: Add bzip2,
> > cairo, chromaprint, directfb, faac, flite, glib, glib-networking,
> > glu, gsm, iqa, lcms, libaom, libbs2b, libdc1394, libdca, libde265,
> > libdrm, libexif, libfdk, libgme, libmfx, libmms, libmpcdec,
> > libnice,
> > libofa, libopenmpt, libtiff, libva, libx11, libxcb, libxext,
> > libxshm,
> > lilv, lv2, mjpegtools, nettle, openh264, opensles, pango, rtmpdump,
> > sbc,
> > sctp, spandsp, srt, svt-hevc, transcode, v4l-utils, vo-aacenc, vo-
> > amrwbenc,
> > vulkan-headers, vulkan-loader, webrtc-audio-processing, wildmidi,
> > wpebackend-fdo, zbar and zxing-cpp.
> 
> Is there pending work that requires these new dependencies?
> 
> Otherwise, I would leave them out until they are needed.
> 
> Remember, these plugins are considered "bad" from gstreamer's
> perspective:
> 
> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-bad.html
It is for this reason, that I've packaged gst-plugins/selection. 
People, who don't want all of the bad plugins, but just a working
subset, can use that procedure to limit the plugins they want to build.
I don't think raghav's patch added anything that will be built
regardless of configuration.

That said, gst-plugins/selection will still pull those extra inputs. 
Once we have parameterized packages, I believe gst-plugins-* will
become a nice playground for those.

Regards,
Leo