Subject: Re: [bug#47640] [PATCH v2] Add sqlitebrowser.

From: Nicolò Balzarotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 17:56:33 +0200

Hi, thanks for the contribution!

A few comments below

Allan Adair <[email-masked]> writes:

> +    (description
> +     "DB4S is for users and developers who want to create, search, and edit databases. DB4S uses a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, and complicated SQL commands do not have to be learned.")
I think the linter here will complain about the single space after the
period, and for the really long line.

Did you run ./pre-inst-env guix lint sqlitebrowser ?  This should tell
you if something is wrong

> +    (license (list license:gpl3+ license:mpl2.0))))
I see that there are bundled dependencies (under /libs), could you try
unbundle them (remove the lib folder with a source snippet) and build
using guix dependencies?  There are only four of them, two of which
(nlohmann-json-cpp and qscintilla) are already in guix.  Else it might
be needed to fix the licence.

There are the cmake flags FORCE_INTERNAL_QSCINTILLA,
FORCE_INTERNAL_QCUSTOMPLOT, FORCE_INTERNAL_QHEXEDIT which suggest this
should be possible.

Thanks, Nicolò