Subject: bug#47628: webkitgtk-2.32.0 is broken on my system (was Re: bug#47628: Epiphany fails to launch after webkitgtk-2.32.0 update)

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 19:04:06 -0400

retitle 47628 webkitgtk-2.32.0 is broken on my system
thanks

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:

> FYI, since updating to webkitgtk-2.32.0 (commit
> 3c5e1412e3ef769df8e4826d0aedabaa3aa0d631), epiphany fails to launch: no
> window appears, although GNOME Shell shows an empty outline in overview
> mode, as if there's a window but it has never been painted.
>
> When running 'epiphany' from the command line, I see the followin
> warning from 'bwrap', which indicates that it's looking in /usr/bin:

I see exactly the same behavior with 'eolie': the window never appears,
(except for an outline in GNOME Shell's overview mode), and I see the
same warning:

  "bwrap: Can't find source path /usr/bin: No such file or directory"

In both cases, if I try to close the phantom window from overview mode,
it informs me that the application is not responding, and I have to
force quit to make the phantom window go away.

       Mark