Subject: [bug#47615] [PATCH 1/9] gnu: bootstrap: Add support for powerpc-linux.

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 16:56:40 +0300

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 09:36:24AM +0200, Vincent Legoll wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 5:51 AM Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Generally speaking, this patch looks fine to me.  Just curious, what
> > sort of machines does one use for 32-bit powerpc?
> 
> Old apple hardware based on powerpc G4 (powermacs, mini, imac, etc.),
> maybe even G3.

There are a couple families of 32-bit powerpc machines out there with
(IIRC) macppc being the most prevalent for desktops.

> 
> > Any ideas for how we can get a machine for powerpc CI?  Maybe VMs, I
> > guess?  Can a POWER9 machine be a powerpc-linux machine...?
> 
> A VM on power9 may be able to run BE ppc32.
> 

Can it do it "directly" or does it need to be inside of a VM/chroot? I
never looked too much into it, never quite seemed like something that
I'd be able to take advantage of.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted