Subject: [PATCH 0/9] Add 32-bit powerpc support

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 15:24:12 +0300

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/?h=wip-ppc

The wip-ppc branch on Savannah is currently in a good state. With the
recent rapid churn on core-updates I haven't been very quick about
rebasing on core-updates but I can confirm that building out to mesa
works. Building is slow, it took 6 days to build from guile-final to
mesa without stopping.

The patches start with adding the bootstrap binaries for powerpc.

The next patch fixes guile-3.0.2+ on powerpc (and probably other 32-bit
big-endian systems) and is the result of almost 3 weeks of bisecting.

Next is a patch for binutils to disable one of the tests. The test is
new to core-updates, and fails on powerpc-linux but not the other
architectures we support.

The mesa patch works, but I have to see about enabling the tests. I have
also tested updating mesa and enabling the llvm backend on aarch64 and
the tests no longer fail there, so I'll do another couple (3 hour) mesa
builds to see if the comment needs adjusting or if the tests can be
enabled on powerpc-linux.

mac-fdisk I didn't have a solid reason to put in the wip-ppc branch but
there it is. I need to change CC=gcc to use cc-for-target.

The patch for american-fuzzy-lop I snuck into master

the qemu-command in gnu/build/vm shouldn't overlap with ppc64le.

the last two patches, disabling the tests for mercurial and nss, can
probably be dropped. The comments are accurate though, and we have done
similar in the past on mips64le and armhf.

Efraim Flashner (9):
  gnu: bootstrap: Add support for powerpc-linux.
  gnu: guile-3.0: Fix building on powerpc-linux.
  gnu: binutils: Adjust test suite on powerpc-linux.
  gnu: mesa: Add support for powerpc-linux.
  gnu: Add mac-fdisk.
  gnu: american-fuzzy-lop: Add support for powerpc-linux.
  build: qemu-command: Add support for powerpc.
  gnu: mercurial: Skip tests on powerpc-linux.
  gnu: nss: Skip tests on powerpc-linux.

 gnu/build/vm.scm                              |    1 +
 gnu/local.mk                                  |    2 +
 gnu/packages/base.scm                         |   11 +-
 gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm                    |   37 +-
 gnu/packages/commencement.scm                 |   21 +-
 gnu/packages/debug.scm                        |    2 +
 gnu/packages/disk.scm                         |   44 +
 gnu/packages/gl.scm                           |   18 +-
 gnu/packages/guile.scm                        |   21 +-
 gnu/packages/nss.scm                          |    7 +-
 .../patches/mac-fdisk-gentoo-patchset.patch   |  866 +++++++
 gnu/packages/patches/mac-fdisk-p18.patch      | 2070 +++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/version-control.scm              |    6 +-
 guix/packages.scm                             |    4 +-
 m4/guix.m4                                    |    4 +-
 15 files changed, 3096 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/mac-fdisk-gentoo-patchset.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/mac-fdisk-p18.patch

base-commit: f08b070019a3c1697bb0b4a783dcd4f31243715a
-- 
2.31.1