Subject: bug#47610: gnome-keyring service doesn't appear

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 10:05:48 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 21.04.2021, 02:35 -0500 schrieb bdju:
> On Wed Apr 21, 2021 at 2:30 AM CDT, Leo Prikler wrote:
> > That's quite an interesting observation. Could you tell me what DM
> > (gdm, sddm, sway) you're using?
👆 idiot thinking sway is a DM and not a WM.
> > 
> > The gnome-keyring PAM service works by adding an auto_start login
> > entry, that refers to gnome-keyring's
> > /lib/security/pam_gnome_keyring.so. I don't think you need GNOME
> > keyring installed for that to run, but the default configuration
> > assumes you're running GDM. You will need to adjust it if you use
> > something else.
> > 
> > Regards,
> > Leo
> I'm using sway, I launch it with `exec sway` from a tty.
Since you manually exec sway, you can either configure gnome-keyring-
service, so that it always runs on login (be aware, that I haven't
checked that configuration and it might lock you out forever, so use
rollbacks if that happens), or try to start the keyring manually or
from sway.