Subject: RE: [External] : bug#47599: 28.0.50; Feature request improve/update isearch

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 22:43:47 +0000

>> While we're improving isearch, there is another minor change that I 
>> think would improve its behavior, namely to go to the next/previous 
>> match when changing the search direction, instead of hitting the same 
>> match before moving to the next/previous one with the next C-s/C-r. 
>> This change is so small that I'm not sure it's worth creating a 
>> defcustom for it, but you might have a different opinion.
>
> Please do NOT do this.  There are reasons we want to stay at the same 
> search hit.
>

Okay, so I have the answer to my own question: this should become yet 
another user option.

>
> One of them has already surfaced in these (lamentable) discussions of 
> isearch "improvements":
>

Why "lamentable"???