Subject: bug#47597: closed (Re: bug#47597: [PATCH 0/3] Add SourceForge updater and lint warnings)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 22:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47597: [PATCH 0/3] Add SourceForge updater and lint warnings

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47597: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47597
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47597: [PATCH 0/3] Add SourceForge updater and lint warnings
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked],Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 00:01:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pushed as 709f30b8e466b5f7155255be4f2cee008f8d01a9 with changes as
Mathieu suggested.  Thanks for your feedback!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add SourceForge updater and lint warnings
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2021 22:58:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

These patches add a ‘sourceforge’ updater.  Initially I tried
implementing it in terms of ‘latest-html-release’ but that doesn’t
work because of the peculiar URL scheme that SF uses, with “/download”
appended to otherwise nice-looking URLs.

Instead, this one looks at the /latest URL supported by SourceForge.
It’s less efficient than ‘generic-html’ for instance because there’s
no caching and there’s up to three additional HEAD requests performed
to find if there are detached signatures.

The last patch has ‘guix lint -c refresh’ emit warnings when a package
lacks an updater or when its updater doesn’t work.  This should help us
find out which updaters need to be improved or implemented.

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  gnu-maintenance: Add 'sourceforge' updater.
  upstream: 'package-latest-release' tries all the matching updaters.
  lint: refresh: Warn about missing or dysfunctional updaters.

 doc/guix.texi            |  2 ++
 guix/gnu-maintenance.scm | 55 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 guix/lint.scm            | 41 +++++++++++++++++++-----------
 guix/upstream.scm        | 15 ++++++-----
 4 files changed, 92 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1