Subject: bug#47596: File descriptor error when exiting emacs on android 11

From: Henrik Grimler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:25:58 +0200

Hi Lars,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 12:47:27PM +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > And I'm worried that we don't actually understand the nature of the
> > problem well enough: our code doesn't close both FILE streams, it
> > closes at most only one.  So this sounds to me like a false positive
> > of the sanitizer, not a real problem with our code...
> 
> Henrik, is this still a problem with current versions of Emacs/Android?

The sanitizer still complains about it (just checked a new emacs build
from master branch), but we have at least figured out a way to disable
the sanitizer [1], so IMO the bug can be closed.

For the record ~10 different packages out of around 2000 has triggered
this file descriptor sanitizer (that I've seen so far), and in most
cases it has been as unclear as for emacs what the issue is/if there
actually is an issue.

> -- 
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

[1] https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/blob/master/packages/emacs/disable-fdsan.patch

Best regards,
Henrik Grimler