Subject: bug#47596: File descriptor error when exiting emacs on android 11

From: Henrik Grimler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 22:11:24 +0200

Hi,

> > Based on the backtrace it seem to be how stderr is opened (and
> > closed)
> > that is problematic somehow.
> 
> Any idea what was "the other thread" involved in this situation?
> Emacs is generally a single-threaded program.

I do not know unfortunately. I am not entirely certain the sanitizer is
trustworthy yet (but since it is active per default now I suppose it
should have been tested extensively). 

Tests so far show that optimisation level, and compiler, can influence
if these error occur or not, but for emacs it happens with -O0 as well
with clang-11. I opened an issue on the android issue tracker about the
fd sanitizer after investigating a fdsan error for texlive, since I do
not understand what the issue in the minimal example there is. We will
see what they say about it:
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/184380442

Best regards,
Henrik Grimler