Subject: Re: bug#47574: 'match' face is too bright

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 09:55:27 -0500

[Resending my reply as I accidentally sent it only to Eli.]

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Juri suggested #ffff88, and it seems good to me. Both readable and
>> noticeable, yet not too bright.

I don't see a very large difference between yellow and #ffff88, but I
guess it's slightly better than what we have now.

>> My original suggestions were "lemon chiffon" (seems ideally subdued to
>> me, but it would be a drastic change), "khaki1" or "light goldenrod".

FWIW, I think "lemon chiffon" is by far the best one.  It also fits
better with the rest of the default theme.

This is followed by "khaki1" or "light goldenrod", in that order.

I'm not against #ffff88 if that's what people want to see, but the
change is not large enough to make much of a difference here.

> If we change the face's colors, we should make sure the new colors
> look well on both light and dark backgrounds.

Yup.

I think "khaki3" stands out sufficiently well and goes well together
with "lemon chiffon", but there is obviously room for experimentation.