Subject: bug#47570: closed (Re: bug#47570: libvirt still embeds full path to qemu-system in saved .xml files)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 13:57:03 +0000

Your bug report

#47570: libvirt still embeds full path to qemu-system in saved .xml files

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47570: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47570
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47570: libvirt still embeds full path to qemu-system in saved .xml files
From: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
To: divoplade <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 14:56:28 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

divoplade writes:

> Le lundi 05 avril 2021 à 19:45 +0100, Pierre Langlois a écrit :
>> Do you know at which guix commit this happened?  I'm wondering which
>> version of libvirt triggered this.  AFAICT, right now, if you create
>> a
>> fresh VM using gnome-boxes, it initializes the xml config with the
>> qemu
>> in /run/current-system/profile, which looks like the right thing to
>> do.
>
> I think my system did not auto-upgrade for some time because of a bug
> in org-html-export-to-html that broke one of my packages (the bug is,
> there’s an explicit comment to indicate a license for a script and that
> comment is not XHTML). I don’t know which commit did that, but the
> faulty system was between that commit and 24h before. Or there was
> another earlier problem, and I can’t help, sorry.
>
> You’re right, now that I upgraded it’s fixed.

Cool :-), closing the bug then!

Thanks,
Pierre

Subject: libvirt still embeds full path to qemu-system in saved .xml files
From: divoplade <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 22:41:04 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I tried to add my comment to issue 31365, but it has been archived and
made read-only.

This issue is not fully fixed. I’m using gnome-boxes to create virtual
machines, and I noticed something similar to what is experienced in
this issue.

The hard-coded path is in /gnu/store/xxx-profile/, so I think it has
been found in /run/current-system/profile/bin, but the symlink has been
resolved too early.

I have recently gc’ed my system, and that’s when I noticed I could not
run my VMs anymore.

My workaround is to replace the hard-coded paths in the XML files.

Best regards,

divoplade

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/31365