Subject: bug#47562: java-eclipse-jetty-* packages are vulnerable to CVE-2021-28165, CVE-2021-28164 and CVE-2021-28163 (also probably MANY others, 4y w/o upgrade)

From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 12:37:27 +0200

CVE-2021-28165	01.04.21 17:15
In Eclipse Jetty 7.2.2 to 9.4.38, 10.0.0.alpha0 to 10.0.1, and
11.0.0.alpha0 to 11.0.1, CPU usage can reach 100% upon receiving a
large invalid TLS frame.

CVE-2021-28164	01.04.21 17:15
In Eclipse Jetty 9.4.37.v20210219 to 9.4.38.v20210224, the default
compliance mode allows requests with URIs that contain %2e or %2e%2e
segments to access protected resources within the WEB-INF directory.
For example a request to /context/%2e/WEB-INF/web.xml can retrieve the
web.xml file. This can reveal sensitive information regarding the
implementation of a web application.

CVE-2021-28163	01.04.21 17:15
In Eclipse Jetty 9.4.32 to 9.4.38, 10.0.0.beta2 to 10.0.1, and
11.0.0.beta2 to 11.0.1, if a user uses a webapps directory that is a
symlink, the contents of the webapps directory is deployed as a static
webapp, inadvertently serving the webapps themselves and anything else
that might be in that directory.

The fix is to upgrade to latest version, currently: 9.4.39.v20210325