Subject: bug#47562: closed (Re: java-eclipse-jetty-* packages are vulnerable to CVE-2021-28165, CVE-2021-28164 and CVE-2021-28163 (also probably MANY others, 4y w/o upgrade))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 14:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47562: java-eclipse-jetty-* packages are vulnerable to CVE-2021-28165, CVE-2021-28164 and CVE-2021-28163 (also probably MANY others, 4y w/o upgrade)

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47562: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47562
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: java-eclipse-jetty-* packages are vulnerable to CVE-2021-28165, CVE-2021-28164 and CVE-2021-28163 (also probably MANY others, 4y w/o upgrade)
From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 16:41:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pushed as ac3bf4e4da58e985f012d216b2faf36434cdf967.

Subject: java-eclipse-jetty-* packages are vulnerable to CVE-2021-28165, CVE-2021-28164 and CVE-2021-28163 (also probably MANY others, 4y w/o upgrade)
From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 12:37:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

CVE-2021-28165	01.04.21 17:15
In Eclipse Jetty 7.2.2 to 9.4.38, 10.0.0.alpha0 to 10.0.1, and
11.0.0.alpha0 to 11.0.1, CPU usage can reach 100% upon receiving a
large invalid TLS frame.

CVE-2021-28164	01.04.21 17:15
In Eclipse Jetty 9.4.37.v20210219 to 9.4.38.v20210224, the default
compliance mode allows requests with URIs that contain %2e or %2e%2e
segments to access protected resources within the WEB-INF directory.
For example a request to /context/%2e/WEB-INF/web.xml can retrieve the
web.xml file. This can reveal sensitive information regarding the
implementation of a web application.

CVE-2021-28163	01.04.21 17:15
In Eclipse Jetty 9.4.32 to 9.4.38, 10.0.0.beta2 to 10.0.1, and
11.0.0.beta2 to 11.0.1, if a user uses a webapps directory that is a
symlink, the contents of the webapps directory is deployed as a static
webapp, inadvertently serving the webapps themselves and anything else
that might be in that directory.

The fix is to upgrade to latest version, currently: 9.4.39.v20210325