Subject: Re: bug#47558: 28.0.50; dlopen 'image not found' gccemacs native-lisp macos

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 07:10:50 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 15:01:20 +0100
>> From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> 
>> It's not entirely clear to me where the load path is set, is it
>> 
>>     fixup_eln_load_path (Lisp_Object directory)
>> 
>> in comp.c?
>
> I hope Andrea (CC'ed) will be able to answer that.

Okay, as window is loaded and dumped during the build
`comp-eln-load-path' here doesn't come into play.

While resurrecting from dump we locate preloaded eln files by filename
(relative to the emacs executable position).  Indeed the complication is
that we have to support both uninstalled but also installed builds.

To do that before dumping we inform Emacs of where will have to search
the eln files if installed.  We do that using ELN_DESTDIR defined
Makefile.in:326.

If the directory structure on MacOS is different I guess we have to add
the correct information there.

Regards

  Andrea