Subject: Re: bug#47556: "really open? (y)es or (n)o or (l)iterally" vs. emacsclient -n

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 09:19:33 +0300

* 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> [2021-04-02 03:00]:
> $ emacs -Q --maximized -eval '(server-start)'&

I like when Emacs starts maximized. That is why I have put this in
~/.emacs.d/early-init.el:

(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(fullscreen . maximized))

That way each time it starts maximized.

> $ emacsclient -n big.jpg
> big.jpg is large (14.5 MiB), really open? (y)es or (n)o or (l)iterally
> Alas in this case our y, n, or l's are not being read by the
> mini-buffer!

I do not observe this in Emacs development version. I have tested this
in Emacs development version and when I do that, I am shown the frame
that I have started and the minibuffer and question in the minibuffer,
and I could answer with "y" and see the large file.

Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

Sign an open letter in support of Richard M. Stallman
https://rms-support-letter.github.io/