Subject: Re: bug#47556: "really open? (y)es or (n)o or (l)iterally" vs. emacsclient -n

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 09:27:29 +0300

* 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> [2021-04-02 03:00]:
> $ emacs -Q --maximized -eval '(server-start)'&
> $ emacsclient -n big.jpg
> big.jpg is large (14.5 MiB), really open? (y)es or (n)o or (l)iterally
> Alas in this case our y, n, or l's are not being read by the mini-buffer!
> 
> And if we indeed switch to emacs and type "n", the question doesn't go
> away yet, until we type something into the *scratch* buffer.
> 
> If we instead use --fullscreen, we can't even see the mini-buffer (at
> least in icewm.)
> 
> emacs-version "27.1"

I am also using IceWM. I have tested in Emacs development version more
of this, as you said --fullscreen, and I did not observe that
behavior. I have tried answering Y and N and all is fine.

So it is read by minibuffer in Emacs development version.

It is true that message remains longer in minibuffer, this disturbs me
sometimes.

My hope is that my IceWm settings do not interfere with this testing,
as I have in ~/.icewm/window this below inhibiting the title bar, I
don't think it interferes.

emacs.dTitleBar: 0
emacsclient.dTitleBar: 0

Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

Sign an open letter in support of Richard M. Stallman
https://rms-support-letter.github.io/