Subject: Re: bug#47541: libvirt does not work

From: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 16:34:32 +0100

Hi Ludo,

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> I'll see if I can look into it at the weekend, although I'm not sure
>> I'll be able to get to it, so in the meantime we should probably just
>> revert the updates. Thanks a lot for investigating though, I think we
>> ought to write a system test that uses virsh to connect if that's
>> possible.
>>
>> All that being said, I just noticed somebody had already posted an
>> alternative patch to do the update before I did, maybe that one is
>> correct! https://issues.guix.gnu.org/46623
>>
>> Anyways, I'll revert the patches tomorrow unless there are any
>> objections!
>
> It would be best to see how to fix it, but if there’s nothing obvious,
> we can revert.

Yeah, in the end I saw Brice's update patch that I missed from back in
February (oooups!) and that one works just fine! So I've reverted it so
we can go with his approach, I've posted a new series that includes it:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/46623#6

Thanks,
Pierre