Subject: [bug#47539] Add github-cli

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 14:24:20 +0200

Hi everyone,

Am Montag, den 07.06.2021, 13:19 -0400 schrieb Leo Famulari:
> > So if A dependes on B which depends on C, and I want to build A,
> > then C has to be a ‘propagated-input’ for B?  Did I get that right?
> 
> Yes, for our go-build-system.
> 
> > But if I just want to build B, should C still be a ‘propagated-
> > input’ for B?
> 
> Yes, unless B is only an end-user executable, such as Syncthing.  In
> that case it doesn't matter if you use inputs or propagated-inputs.
For context, I think github-cli will probably be fine using inputs
instead of propagated inputs, but the rest down the chain might need to
be adjusted.

There has been some time since the last patch was sent and I sadly
doubt cbaines' patchwork will try to build this package.  Is v3 good to
go to master?  Should Xinglu send a v4?  @Xinglu, are you still
interested in merging v3/creating a v4?

Regards,
Leo