Subject: bug#47529: Make quoted entities stand out more in info

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 11:54:58 +0300

> Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 08:30:33 +0000
> From: scame <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> 
> True, but first impression matters. Emacs' default appearance is like
> it's stuck in the 80s. Emacs is from the 70s, but it doesn't mean it
> can't have an appealing, polished default look.
> 
> People coming from other tools like VSCode or IntelliJ often put off
> by the face Emacs shows them the first time.

Emacs is unlike those other tools, in that it's infinitely more
customizable than any of them.  It is also unique in that its
development is not hierarchical, and therefore personal UI preferences
get in the way of changing the defaults according to unilateral
decisions of a single manager.  Enough said.

> if can show a prettier face (subjective) then maybe less people are
> turned away before giving emacs a serious try.

I'm skeptical because the likes of Spacemacs and Doom Emacs already
exist to fill that niche.  Given the time it typically takes us to
change the defaults, by the time we do it, those new defaults are
already "stuck in" whatever previous decade you fancy for the kind of
unflattering language people tend to use in these cases.