Subject: bug#47529: Make quoted entities stand out more in info

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 11:08:17 +0300

> Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 07:54:47 +0000
> From: scame <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> 
> > Oh, so you would like to change that face's defaults? Then my
> > personal take on this is that (assuming we want to use a non-default
> > color in this case) the color you propose is too prominent.
> 
> That color was just an example to show the difference.

Sure, but to get this moving in some practical direction, you (or
someone else) will have to come up with a color that will fly with
enough people to justify the change in the default definition of the
face.

> BTW, how are these things decided? What is the process?

By a lot of bikeshedding, I'm afraid.  Which is why I personally
consider this kind of discussion a big waste of time, when everyone
can customize the face to their liking.  YMMV, of course.