Subject: Re: bug#47500: Hello, I would like to use the Dark Reader extension with IceCat

From: bill-auger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 03:44:08 -0400

given that the icecat add-ons wiki page is essentially
un-maintained, there is one very simple way to improve the
user-experience - the trisquel team maintains a catalog of
add-ons, which is the default URL for the abrowser add-ons GUI -
rather than packaging and maintaining add-ons, it is simply a
curated list of known-free add-ons, each entry linking to direct
downloads of .xpi files from mozilla - it would only be a matter
of changing the default URL for the icecat add-ons GUI, to point
to the triquel page:

https://trisquel.info/en/browser-plain

that probably does not address the concern of thoroughly auditing
them - given the large number of add-ons listed, its difficult
to believe that anybody had the time to audit them properly -
presumably they were accepted, based on the license stated  on
the mozilla web page (License: MIT -> its ok) - it does avoid
having to package and publish them though, and satisfies the
FSDG as well as the icecat wiki page does (assuming that the
packages are licensed properly); because the web browser is not
directed to the mozilla app-store