Subject: bug#47480: closed (Re: logo gprolog: hash mismatch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 20:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47480: gprolog: hash mismatch

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47480: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47480
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: logo gprolog: hash mismatch
From: phodina <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 20:53:54 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I've looked at the package gprolog and it was updated by Efraim Flashner in commit
1914d24b452ca6dad30fad6f1faa5f611fa740b0 to version 1.5.0.

There's a note saying "Recent versions are not hosted on the GNU mirrors".

Petr

Subject: gprolog: hash mismatch
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: Bug Guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 19:14:46 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Using Guix 55685e4, I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build -S --no-substitutes gprolog
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/yjrcalnckwmi1ah217xh85sd7ksjcxfw-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz.drv
building /gnu/store/yjrcalnckwmi1ah217xh85sd7ksjcxfw-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz.drv...

Starting download of
/gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz
>From http://gprolog.org/gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz...
downloading from http://gprolog.org/gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz ...
 gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz  3.4MiB        50.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
sha256 hash mismatch for
/gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz:
  expected hash: 0z4cc42n3k6i35b8mr816iwsvrpxshw6d7dgz6s2h1hy0l7g1p5z
  actual hash:   18mrmx44fll0g1qphadna9g6m7miw8d22lkjavah22vzc38kalyf
hash mismatch for store item
'/gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz'
build of /gnu/store/yjrcalnckwmi1ah217xh85sd7ksjcxfw-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/yj/rcalnckwmi1ah217xh85sd7ksjcxfw-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz.drv.bz2'.
guix build: error: build of
`/gnu/store/yjrcalnckwmi1ah217xh85sd7ksjcxfw-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz.drv'
failed

$ guix build -S gprolog
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
3.6 MB will be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz
substituting /gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz...
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz
...
 gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz  3.4MiB         5.9MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%

/gnu/store/wm72f18w1gvshkz39yp12vnmnkkib79k-gprolog-1.4.5.tar.gz
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It is probably an upstream in-place replacement.  This kind of thing is
really annoying because it means that people using substitutes do not
notice whereas people building from source do.

All the best,
simon