Subject: bug#47478: 28.0.50; Provide customization option for nnimap-keepalive-timer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 08:52:02 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Bob Newell requested the ability to customize the
> `nnimap-keepalive-timer', and I've opened this bug report with a patch
> that adds a new `nnimap-keepalive-times' customization option.
>
> It lets you customize both function interval and period of inactivity,
> or you can set it to nil to disable the keepalive altogether.

Sure; makes sense.

> I also sneaked in a little extra change: since we provided the option to
> use Dbus to close Gnus servers when your machine is going to sleep, I've
> noticed that sometimes (more often than you'd think) I seem to be
> sleeping the machine in between sending the keepalive NOOP and receiving
> the response.

I think that should be OK -- when we're looking for responses, we use
tags, so the response from the NOOP shouldn't confuse anything.
(Hopefully.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no